Sunday, August 24, 2008

Carmel's Mexican Restaurant - Toledo Ohio

"He Said"...G, the kids, and I went to Carmel's Mexican Restaurant based on a referral from one of G's friends. The service was HORRIBLE. The worst I have ever had at a restaurant. I would not be complaining if it were just a bad server but the manager was in on this one too.

We have 2 small children and waited over an hour before I got up and told the manager we had to leave because the kids couldn't sit still anymore. We were there long enough for the table next to us to be seated, eat, and leave twice in the time we were there! The manager basically told me I was being unreasonable because our order had only been in about 10 minutes. Our server obviously didn't tell the manager that it was her fault that the order just got placed and I was not just being impatient. I told the manager that we would take our food to go if it was ready in the next five minutes. She told me it would be and I waited another 15-20. She didn't do anything to compensate us for the approx 1.5 hours we had been there waiting. Bad, but it gets worse.

The icing on the cake ---
I get to the car and check the bag to make sure our order is complete. Luckily the sour cream cup was on top. First thing I see when I open the bag is a gross coarse black hair inside the sour cream cup. It was all I could do to keep from throwing it against the wall as I stormed back in to show it to the manager. After showing her the hair she did offer us a free dinner if I called in and gave her my name but it was way too late for that. This place is on the never again list for sure!


Carmel's Mexican Restaurant

No comments: