Thursday, September 4, 2008

Creamy Frozen Coffee Drinks

"She Said"...

I love sweet blended coffee drinks like Coffee Beanery's Black and White Frappe latte, Biggby's Caramel Big Chill or even Tim Horton's Iced Cappuccino. I love them but my wallet can not say the same since the average cost of a Grande is roughly $4.00! Ouch!!! $4.00 for a coffee drink, that in my case, is gone in mere minutes! I have tried to duplicate the taste of my favorite concoctions at home but always with disappointed. This morning being another failed attempt. I thought I had it this time.

I brewed fresh coffee (4 cups) and dissolved 1/4 cup of sugar and 1 tablespoon of vanilla in the hot coffee. I then added 1/2 cup of French Vanilla International Coffee Creamer and 1/2 cup of Whole Milk and mixed it all together. I put it in the fridge to cool off. Once it was cool I took my Magic Bullet and added crushed ice to the container and then added my coffee mixture to the ice and blended.

My coffee drink turned out fine but it just wasn't the same as getting it from Coffee Beanery, Biggby's or Tim Horton's. From here on out I will be on a quest to make my own creamy frozen coffee drink.

No comments: