Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Donut Holes

"She Said"...

So I tried my hand at making donut holes yesterday morning. I saw an episode of Guy's Big Bites with Guy Fieri and his recipe was so easy I figured I could do it too. I started by heating a pot of vegetable oil to 350 degrees. I then took a package of refrigerated biscuit dough and cut each biscuit into quarters and rolled them into balls. Before putting the donuts into hot oil I lined a paper plate with paper towels to absorb the oil after cooking. Add the dough to the hot oil and cook until golden brown and remove to paper towel lined plate. While the dough is cooking take a paper lunch sack and add cinnamon, sugar and powdered sugar and shake to mix. Add the cooked donut holes to the sack and shake to get the cinnamon & sugar mixture all over the donuts. The paper sack also works to absorb more of the oil from cooking. To add a glaze to the donut, mix together powdered sugar & milk to your desired consistency and pour over the donut holes. These donuts are best when they are warm.
Now these donuts by no means replaces donuts you get at the donut shop but they sure do work in a pinch when you or your kids are craving something sweet. If you need to make something for a bake sale or take something into your child's class the next morning these are quick and easy!

2 comments:

J said...

Stay out of my kitchen!

You better have cleaned the cutting board and measuring cups/spoons you used!

Just kidding dear. You know I love you and your messy kitchen... ;)

G said...

The bowls, spoons, etc... may be cleaned and they may not be cleaned! You try doing anything with two kids demanding your attention at all times!