Sunday, August 31, 2008

Penn Station Subs - Fair Fries, Fresh Squeezed Lemonade...

He Said...

Penn Station Subs has awesome fair fries and fresh squeezed lemonade. Oh yea, and they have really good subs too!

These guys even had nine or ten bottles of malt vinegar at the condiment station. This place is good eating!

We went to the restaurant in Holland Ohio yesterday while out running errands. I was thinking it would be just another sub shop. Ann Arbor has lots of places to get an over priced sandwich but as soon as I walked in and saw the grill I knew this place was going to be different.

It takes a little longer to get your food here than it does at a Subway or Quiznos but that's because these guys actually COOK! I ordered the Italian Sausage and G got the Philly Cheese Steak and we split some fries. The first thing they do is throw the meat and veggies (onions and green pepper in my case) on the grill and start cooking it. A real honest to goodness grill in a sub shop! Then I saw the bread. I was a little disappointed because it reminded me of Jimmy John's or one of those places that have really soft bread. I like Quizno's bread the best (Back when they baked them longer) and this one looked like plain ole' white bread. But after the meat and veggies were finished they threw it on the bread and put it on a Quizno's like oven! These guys really cook AND they bake the subs!!! I was pretty happy to see that. The fries were fresh cut and the lemonaid was fresh squeezed just like at a county fair! So far this place rocked but I still had not tried the food.

We ate in the car because we had the kids with us. The Italian Sausage sub is not meant for car eating. It has pizza sauce on it (all over it) and I made a mess. But man was it awesome. The onions and green peppers were cooked just right and not too soggy. The sausage had great flavor too. G even loved her Philly Steak and Cheese and she is hard to impress when it comes to those. My only complaint about this place is that I wish they would find a way to make Italian sausage subs like me as much as I like them!!! They have two locations in the Toledo area and these guys are definitely worth a try. We'll be back.

Penn Station Subs Locations

No comments: