Sunday, August 31, 2008

Pretzel Rolls


He Said...

The chicks and I made some pretzel rolls today to try our hand at making homemade rolls for sandwiches and burgers. These things taste awesome and the texture is perfect! The only thing I couldn't figure out was how to get them off the baking sheet after the second rise and into the boiling water without them falling a little. Hopefully someone who is a more experienced baker (I'm a complete rookie) than I am will offer some advice. Here's the recipe for the pretzel rolls. I followed it to the letter. We are going to try them with grilled brats and Honeycup mustard (of course) tonight! These rolls are even good plain and all by themselves.
Follow-Up:
These rolls were made for Honeycup mustard! I could barely taste the brats and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have minded if it was just the bread and Honeycup! G had them with a mix of mayo and Gray Poupon and she really liked hers too.

No comments: