Wednesday, September 24, 2008

BBQ Shredded Chicken

"He Said"...

Tonight G made some pressure cooker'd (is that really a word? It is at 11:30 at night!) chicken breasts. I cut one half of a breast up into very small pieces and threw it into a zipper bag with some buffalo sauce, salt, and pepper. Shook it and then put it on some homemade pizza dough with ranch dressing and more buffalo sauce mixed together as the sauce. Some mozzarella and cojack cheese (I know I know... I wanted cheddar but G wanted cojack.) In the oven on the baking stone (that always burns me!) at 500 preheated for 30 mins degrees and 8 minutes later dinner is ready! Pretty good stuff.

But the real reason for this post was the BBQ shredded chicken I made with the left over chicken breasts. I found this recipe on RecipeZaar.com. It looked easy so lil G and I made the BBQ sauce. She loved it! That little stinker sat down and ate a bowl of nothing but BBQ chicken after it was done! This sauce is super sweet with just a touch of spice from the crushed red pepper. This would be a good BBQ sauce to make in a pinch but nothing so far compares with Sweet Baby Rays.

No comments: